Who do I contact for questions about voter registration?
Please contact your local Opens new window County Voter Registrar.
Who do I contact for technical questions about this service?
For technical assistance contact us by:
- Email: Texas.gov Help
- Phone: Toll-free 1-877-452-9060
- Texas.gov website: The Opens new window Texas.gov Support Page offers additional ways to get help including Live Chat and a moderated community forum where Texas.gov customer service representatives answer your questions.
What kind of changes can I make through this service?
You may submit a change of address, name change, or both as long as you still live in the same county you are currently registered to vote in.
Can I register to vote online?
No. If you would like to register to vote, download a voter registration applicationOpens new window . After completing the application, mail it to your local Opens new window County Voter Registrar.
Can I register to vote using my work address as my residence address?
No. Your permanent residence address is your home address. However, you can use your work address as a mailing address
How can I drop a maiden or former last name from my voter registration records?
On the name change page, only complete the applicable name fields. If you wish to delete a maiden or former name, leave the Former Name field blank and that name will be dropped from your voter records.
How long does it take to process my change?
Any change submitted either in written form or through this service can take up to 30 days to process. Within that 30 day period you will receive a new Voter Registration Certificate. If you have not received a new Certificate within 30 days, you should contact your local Opens new window County Voter Registrar.
When logging in, I received an error message that said "We are sorry, but you have reached the maximum number of authorized attempts. You must wait until tomorrow to try logging in again." What now?
For security purposes, if you have 3 failed login attempts you must wait until the following day to try again. Alternatively, you can download a voter registration applicationOpens new window and select ‘Change’ in the Application Type box. Then, mail the application to your local Opens new window County Voter Registrar.
When logging in, I receive an error message that my Voter Registration Certificate Number/VUID must be exactly 10 digits. What if my VUID is less than 10 digits?
Some older Voter Certificates have VUIDs that are less than 10 digits. This online service only accepts Voter Certificate VUIDs that are exactly 10 digits. If you do not have a 10 digit VUID, download a voter registration applicationOpens new window and mail the completed application to your local County Voter Registrar.
When logging in, I receive an error message saying "Invalid DPS Audit Number", but I am typing in the Audit Number on my Driver License/ID Card. Why am I receiving this error message?
If you recently renewed your Driver License or ID Card online, your new card will have an updated Audit Number. When you receive your new card in the mail, use the new Audit Number to log into this application.
What if I don't have my driver license or voter certificate information?
If you do not have all of the information required on the login page, you must submit your change in writing. You can download a voter registration applicationOpens new window and select ‘Change’ in the Application Type box. Then, mail the application to your local Opens new window County Voter Registrar.
What are the descriptions of the address fields?
- House Number
- This should be the house number on a given street.
- This is not a commonly used field. The Designator typically denotes a A/B house location or a 1/2.
- Direction Prefix
- If the street has a North, South, East, West or combination of these before the street name, this is the Direction Prefix.
- Street Name
- This is the name of the street only. Do not include North, South, East, or West directions or Street Types.
- Street Type
- Common Street Types include Lane, Boulevard, Street, Circle, Court, Avenue, etc.
- Direction Suffix
- If the street has a North, South, East, West or combination of these after the street name, this would be entered as the direction suffix.
- Unit Number
- Also referred to as the Apartment Number, this number is the exact location at that Street Address of your residence.
- Unit Type
- This is the type of building in which your residence is located, such as an Apartment, Room, Unit, etc.
- The address City.
- State Code
- The address State.
- ZIP Code
- The address postal code.