Welcome to the Texas Driver License Renewal, Replacement or Change of Address system.
- Renew your driver license and/or identification (ID) card
- Change the address on your driver license and/or ID card
- Replace a lost or stolen card
Effective October 10, 2016, if you have a Driver License AND Identification Card, you must visit a Driver License Office to surrender one of the cards before you are eligible for online transactions. Read more about this change.
What You Need
A printer to print your temporary driver license or ID, which is valid for 60 days. If you do not have a printer, you can renew by phone: 1-866-DL-RENEW (1-866-357-3639)
- A valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Your current Texas driver license or ID card. If you do not have audit number, you will be required to complete additional authentication with an additional fee*
- Renewal of driver license (with or without changing address): $25
- Renewal of ID (with or without changing address): $16
- Renewal of driver license with motorcycle (with or without changing address): $33
- Replacement or change of address for driver license, commercial license or ID: $11
- *Additional authentication fee in lieu of providing audit number: $1.75
This online service is provided by Texas.gov, the official website of Texas. The price of this service includes funds that support the ongoing operations and enhancements of Texas.gov, which is provided by a third party in partnership with the State.