Welcome to Capitol Access Pass
Your previous session has expired. Please start again.
Welcome to the Capitol Access Pass program. You can use this service to apply for a Capitol Access Pass (CAP) which provides expedited access to the Texas State Capitol through the main public entrances. Approved applicants may present their Texas Driver License or ID card at the line designated for LTC/CHL and CAP for entry into the Capitol at one of the main entrances.
Requirements to apply:
- Texas Driver License or ID holder
- 21 years of age or older
- If you are between 18 and 21 years of age and are actively serving in or honorably discharged from U.S. Military service, you are eligible to apply for the pass. You must provide supporting information to DPS in the form of Leave Earnings Statement; OR current orders; OR letter from Commanding Officer verifying Military status; OR a DD-214 indicating honorably discharged.
Information you need to submit your online application:
- Social security number
- Texas Driver License/ID information
- Current demographic and contact information
- Current and previous 5 year residential and employment information
- Psychiatric, drug, alcohol, and criminal history information
- Email address
- Valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
- $42.95 (plus a separate electronic fingerprinting fee)
- This online service is provided by Texas.gov, the official website of Texas. The price of this service includes funds that support the ongoing operations and enhancements of Texas.gov, which is provided by a third party in partnership with the State.
- Apply for a Capitol Access Pass